CSC ServiceWorks Responds to COVID-19 Pandemic
March 20th, 2020
Our teams are continuing to respond in these challenging times, and we are working to fully support them and our clients during this crisis. The CDC says washing your clothes is a critical facet of fighting the virus and we find ourselves with the responsibility of keeping millions of Americans supported in having clean laundry
Our response team continues to monitor the situation inside and outside of our company and our enterprise continues to receive updates, including policies, guidelines, and tools. To date, the steps that we have taken with our TEAMS include:
- CSC team members have been instructed to stay home if they exhibit ANY symptoms of being sick.
- We have installed enhanced PTO and added Emergency Leave supplements to our PTO policy
- We have activated remote workplace procedures where feasible in maintaining our service.
- We have placed a hold on non-essential business travel requiring flights.
- All team members have been educated on respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene practices.
- All team members have been instructed to wash or sanitize hands between visiting job sites.
- We are making procedural modifications that utilize protocols like “social distancing” to increase safety and maintain service.
- We are providing tools to support routine environmental cleaning procedures in our operations.
For our CLIENTS & CONSUMERS, so that we can best meet overall demand, we must prioritize core parts of our business. This means that, like you, we will have to make some changes to how we work together. We will continue to communicate with you but for now:
- Your laundry room(s) and related equipment (AVU’s) should remain accessible and running as the ability to do laundry can stop the spread of the virus and is vital to your residents.
- Depending on the situation, when a tech is on-site, we may briefly post an “in-service” sign on your laundry room door while we service your machines. We appreciate your understanding as we take steps to respect the desire for social distancing.
- We won’t be able to meet requests to clean and disinfect laundry rooms and/or the laundry machines in them. While we understand the concern, this is a responsibility of the client facility that we will not be able to act on at this time. According to the CDC, cleaning and disinfecting can be done relatively quickly, through basic methods and with routine products. Learn More
- We have had several requests to relocate Add Value Units (AVU’s). While we understand the need, we may be limited in our ability to act on these requests at this time. Like in other communities, it may help to publish hours that you will make accessible and limit traffic through some assignment (floors, room numbers, etc.).
As we address the needs of our clients, including those impacted by Covid-19, you may experience longer than usual wait times on our customer service phone line. To save yourself time, we encourage you to take advantage of our ways to manage your account online.
For community laundry clients and residents:
For properties with CSCPay Mobile™ and digital payment technology installed, we encourage the use of our CSCPay Mobile app so residents can take advantage of contactless payment and avoid making unnecessary trips to the laundry room by remotely monitoring machine availability and cycle status.
For in-home laundry clients and residents (Appliance Warehouse):
We encourage you to use our online portal to complete the following:
- Submit a Service Request
- Check Service ETA
- View/Download Monthly Statements
- Make a Payment or Update Payment Info
- Place an Equipment Order
If have not already enrolled for online access, click here to quickly set up your account.
If you’ve already enrolled but need help signing in, click here to recover your username or password.
We will continue to provide updates and, again, are committed to maintaining service in a way that is safe for us all.