Last Updated November 21, 2022
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Personal Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of Personal Information from you when you sign up for and/or use the Services or communicate with us:
- Identification Information: We collect your name, email address, alias, account name, and phone number.
- Financial Information: If you pay for any elements of the Service using a payment card, our payment processor(s) will collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. Please note, however, that we store only a tokenized version of such information and do not maintain payment card information on our servers.
- CSC Go Information: Through the cameras in our CSC Go laundry rooms, we collect biometric information (i.e., information relating to your gait, height, size, and clothing) and video information (i.e., actions you take while in the room, such as the way you interact with laundry machines and payment kiosks).
- Audio Information: With your consent, we record support calls for training purposes.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Commercial Information: We may retain records of your commercial activity in the Service.
- Education Information: we may collect student identification information.
- Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Information: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address. We collect your location information through the App using your device IP address, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude/longitude) of your mobile device. If you have given the App permission to access your location, we will collect your device’s location only while you are using the Service and store your location history. If you want to opt-out of the collection of your Location Information, please adjust your settings in your mobile device to limit the App’s access to your Location Information.
- Email Open/Click Information: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Personal Information Collected from Third Parties: We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties that interact with us in connection with the Services, such as advertising and marketing partners, lead generation services, and property managers.
Derived Information: We may infer your preferences for certain products or services based on the Personal Information we collect about you. We may also use Personal Information to infer other Personal Information about you, including your income, the advertising ID of your mobile device, and the location of your home, work, and school.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account for the purposes of using our Services;
- To provide, support, operate, optimize, improve, maintain, and otherwise develop our Services;
- To personalize your experience with our Services and to deliver content and offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site, third-party sites, and via email or text message with your consent, where required by law (you can opt out of receiving such messages by following the unsubscribe link in our emails, replying “STOP” to our texts, or by contacting us – if you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests);
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments with integrity, send related information including transaction confirmations and invoices, and to prevent transactional corruption or fraudulent activity;
- To manage consumers’ use of our Services, respond to inquiries and comments, and provide support for our Services;
- To send technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications regarding our Services;
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to our Services, and other illegal activities;
- To fulfill any other purposes about which we notify you regarding our Services;
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases, other technology assets, and business;
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Services which may include development of proprietary or open source algorithms, applications, programs, or tools that analyze non-personal and Personal Information, assist with market research, or perform consumer modeling, among other functions, and to create statistics describing de-identified or aggregate relationships;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental authority;
- We may use CSC Go Information to recognize CSC Go laundry room users. For App users we may link CSC Go Information with other Personal Information we maintain. For non-App users), we use CSC Go Information to track activities across visits to the laundry room;
- We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your device to use in connecting to our Services, and administer and improve the Services;
- We may use information collected by cookies to retrieve certain information you have previously provided, to help to determine what areas of our website or Services you and other visitors find most valuable, to customize our Services based on your preferences, to tell our servers information such as your IP address and your browser type, to improve navigation and usability on our Services, to indicate how many times a page is opened and what information is consulted, to improve the content of our websites and Services, to communicate information to visitors, to make our Services more pleasant, to administer our Services, and to track users’ movements around our website and Services; and
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
CSC ServiceWorks does not sell your Personal Information. In certain circumstances we may share the categories of Personal Information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your Personal Information.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. Data Retention
5. Privacy Rights Disclosures for California and Other Applicable Locations
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents and others may have the right:
- To know the categories of Personal Information that CSC ServiceWorks has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Information, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Information that CSC ServiceWorks has collected about you;
- To know whether CSC ServiceWorks has disclosed your Personal Information for business purposes, the categories of Personal Information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information;
- To request that CSC ServiceWorks delete your Personal Information at any time; a request that will be processed consistent with then current lawfully allowable, legally required, or operationally necessary ongoing retention of the information by CSC ServiceWorks consistent with Sections 3 and 4 of this policy, and further specifically related to preservation of our ability to process requests related to purchases, transactions, and payments; and to prevent transactional corruption or fraudulent activity.
- To instruct businesses that sell Personal Information to stop doing so – CSC ServiceWorks, however, does not sell Personal Information; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these rights.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by filling out the form here, calling 833-900-0545, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After we receive your request, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner, although we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. CSC ServiceWorks does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to CSC ServiceWorks through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. Links to Other Websites
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to CSC ServiceWorks via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
9. International Users
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
10. Your Choices
In certain circumstances providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request updates or corrections to your Personal Information.
12. Contact Us
You can also reach us at our designated request address:
CSC ServiceWorks, Inc.
Attn: Customer Support Specialist Team
3201 W. Royal Lane, Suite 100, Irving, TX 75063