Wash, Dry, Fold Privacy Notice
Last Updated September 1, 2022
CSC ServiceWorks, Inc. and our affiliates (collectively, “Company“, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are committed to protecting your Personal Information and respecting your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains our collection and use of Personal Information in connection with our Wash, Dry, Fold laundry service (“Service”). It applies to anyone who: (1) visits or uses our Service website and/or web application at portal.onetapaway.com (“Site”); (2) uses our Service mobile application (“App”); (3) purchases our Service; or (4) applies or contracts with us to provide laundry services as one of our Laundry Pros.
“Personal Information” is any information that identifies or can reasonably be linked to a particular person or household. Personal Information includes things like email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, payment card information, account numbers, and government-issued identification numbers. These are just examples – there are many other types of information that would be considered Personal Information.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means the following kinds of Personal Information:
- A person’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number;
- A person’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account;
- Racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, citizenship or immigration status, or union membership;
- Information about a person’s mental or physical health, sexual orientation, or sex life;
- Biometric data used for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person;
- A person’s genetic data;
- Personal Information collected from a known child under age 13;
- Precise geolocation data; or
- The contents of a person’s mail, email and text messages unless the intended recipient of the communication is the business.
Please read this Notice carefully. By visiting our Site, using our App, purchasing our Service, or applying to become or providing services as a Laundry Pro you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Notice.
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Personal Information you disclose to us
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express interest in obtaining information about the Service, register an account with us, use our Service (“Users”), provide User ratings or reviews, or apply to and contract with us to become a Laundry Pro. The Personal Information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, and the features you use.
Express Interest. If you email us, call us, or submit information via a webform on our Site, we will generally collect your name, contact information, and any other information you provide.
Account Registration. When you register an account with us, we collect, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and usernames, passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access, as well as any laundry preferences you indicate.
Purchases. If you purchase the Service, our payment card processor will collect (on our behalf) your payment card information. We will also collect information you provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, including things like pick-up and delivery location, date(s), and time(s).
User Ratings and Reviews. If you choose to upload or transmit ratings or reviews of the Service or Laundry Pros, we will collect the information you provide.
Laundry Pros. When you apply to become a Laundry Pro, we will collect: your name; email address; mailing address; telephone number; social security number; driver’s license or other government-issued photo identification; bank account information for payment purposes. We may also collect vehicle information (make, model, year, license plate number, vehicle registration, and automobile insurance).
All Personal Information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such Personal Information.
2. Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit the Site or use the App.
Like many businesses, we collect information about visits to our Site through cookies and similar technologies. This information may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, location, information about how you use the Site (for example, how long you spend on a particular page, and how you navigate the Site). This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). This information is primarily used to maintain the security and operation of the Service and related technology, for marketing purposes and for our internal analytics, product improvement efforts, and reporting purposes.
When you use the App, we will collect information about your use of the App and the Service including information about your device, time spent using the App, and geolocation when using the App if you allow location services (for our Laundry Pros, you may be required to share your location with us for purposes of tracking laundry services and providing updates to Users). This information is associated with other Personal Information about you.
3. Information provided by or collected from other sources
If your parent or someone else purchases our Service for you, then they will provide your Personal Information to us so that we can provide the Service. The Personal Information provided for this purpose will be your name, telephone number, and pick-up/delivery location.
We receive Personal Information from property managers. This information generally includes a tenant’s name, address including unit number, telephone number, email address, and move-in/move-out dates.
If you are applying to become a Laundry Pro with us, we will use one or more service providers to run background and fraud checks on you.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); and search results reports from third party vendors.
B. PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. CSC ServiceWorks does not knowingly collect or share Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you believe a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to CSC ServiceWorks, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our records and will direct any service providers to also delete that information from their records.
C. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use Personal Information for a variety of business purposes described below.
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. We use information you provide to create an account with us and to facility your ability to log into that account and to change or recover lost passwords.
- To send administrative information to you. For Users, we use your Personal Information to send you information about your purchase and receipt of the Service and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. For Laundry Pros, we use your Personal Information to send your information about potential laundry jobs, jobs you have accepted, and instructions regarding pickup, delivery, and laundering.
- To fulfill and manage your orders for the Service. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders for the Service, your purchases and subscriptions, and your payments, and to address any issues with the Service.
- To evaluate your qualifications to be a Laundry Pro. If you apply to become one of our Laundry Pro contractors, we will use your Personal Information to evaluate your qualifications to provide those services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use your Personal Information for our marketing purposes depending on your marketing preferences. These communications may include information about new products, services, or features. You can opt-out of our marketing emails or texts at any time (see the section “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- To request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about the Service or your use of our App so that we can improve our services and develop additional products and services to better serve our customers.
- To protect you, us and others. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep the Service and our technology safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention) and to protect you or others from harm or abuse.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies. We may use your information to ensure you and others are complying with our terms, conditions and policies. We may also use or disclose your information in connection with legal proceedings brought by us or against us relating to our terms, conditions, or policies.
- To respond to legal requests and comply with applicable law. If we receive a subpoena, discovery request, or other legal request, we may need provide your information in response to the request. We may also need to use your information as needed to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve the Service, your experience, and our technology platforms.
In the 12 months preceding the Last Updated date of this Notice, we have collected or received the following categories of Personal Information and we have used them for the purposes indicated in the chart.
|Types of Information Collected
|Purpose for Collection
|Name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, Internet Protocol (IP) address, driver’s license number.
|– Account registration
– Fulfilling orders for our services
– Marketing our services
– Customer service
– Laundry Pro screening
|B. Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|Name, social security number, date of birth, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card, insurance policy number, email, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and vehicle information.
(Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.)
|– Account registration
– Laundry Pro screening
|C. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
|Age (40 years or older).
|– Laundry Pro screening
|D. Commercial information.
|Records of products or services purchased.
|– Fulfilling orders for our services
– Customer service
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
|Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|– Marketing our services
|G. Geolocation data.
|Physical location or movements.
|– Laundry Pro navigation
|I. Professional or employment-related information.
|Current or past job history.
|– Laundry Pro screening
|K. Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
|Profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
|– Marketing services to User based on their preferences (e.g., locker or door service, and other laundry preferences)
CSC ServiceWorks does not use or disclose any Sensitive Personal Information it collects (or that service providers collect on its behalf) for any purpose other than:
- To perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services.
- To detect security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of stored or transmitted Personal Information, provided that the use of the consumer’s Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose.
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at the business and to prosecute those responsible for those actions, provided that the use of the consumer’s Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose.
- To ensure the physical safety of natural persons, provided that the use of the consumer’s Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose.
- For short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with the business, provided that the Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about the consumer or otherwise alter the consumer’s experience outside the current interaction with the business.
- To perform services on behalf of the business, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of the business.
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
D. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share Personal Information of our Users with our Laundry Pros other than pick-up and delivery locations (but not names or other identifying information). We do not share Personal Information of our Laundry Pros with our Users other than sharing the Laundry Pro’s first name and photograph with the User.
We may share your information with the following categories of service providers (or these service providers may collect your Personal Information on our behalf):
- Payment processors and billing service providers;
- Background check providers (for background check on Laundry Pros);
- Tax reporting providers (for example, providers who prepare Forms 1099 for Laundry Pros);
- Email communication software and email newsletter services;
- Advertising and marketing providers;
- Customer relationship management and customer support services;
- Website and application analytics providers;
- Website and data hosting providers.
We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers only use your Personal Information as reasonably necessary to perform services for us or as otherwise permitted by applicable law and that they adhere to the security standards we apply to your Personal Information.
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates (that is, an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with CSC ServiceWorks). Our affiliates may use the Personal Information we share with them in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
In addition, where we believe it necessary or appropriate to do so, we may share your information with: law enforcement; government agencies or regulators; courts; parties to legal proceedings in which a subpoena or legal request has been propounded to which such information would be responsive. In those circumstances we will make reasonable efforts to disclose only that information that is relevant to the reason for disclosure and to protect the privacy of such information to the extent feasible.
Finally, if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed to Third Parties
In the 12 months preceding the Last Updated date of this Notice, we have not disclosed Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose (as described above).
E. SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TARGETED ADVERTISING
We do not sell your Personal Information (or otherwise share your Personal Information with a third party for anything of value).
We also do not use your Personal Information for targeted advertising.
F. COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect the availability of certain features or services on the Site.
Many web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a “do-not-track” feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing do-not-track signals has been finalized and, as such, we do not currently respond to do not track browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. We will update this Notice if that changes in the future.
G. SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any Personal Information we collect, receive, use, or store. However, we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, transmission of Personal Information to and from the Site or in the App is at your own risk.
In general, we keep Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or to satisfy our obligations under applicable law (for example, for tax, legal, accounting, or other purposes), whichever is longer. With respect to Users’ Personal Information, we will delete or deidentify that information when a User deletes their Account with us or is indicated as having a move-out date (unless we have some other ongoing business relationship with a particular User). With respect to Laundry Pros’ Personal Information, we will delete or deidentify that information after the Laundry Pro has ended their independent contractor engagement with us and the statute of limitations period has run with respect to federal and, where applicable, state and local tax audits and claims .
H. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Right to Correct or Update Information.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date, please log into your user account on the Site or the App and update the information as needed.
Right to Information.
Subject to certain limits, you may ask us to provide the following information for the 12-month period preceding your request:
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the Personal Information;
- The categories of your Personal Information that we shared for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information.
Right to Portability
You may obtain a copy of your Personal Information that we have collected in a portable and reasonably usable format (generally a text file). You may exercise this right up to two times per calendar year.
Right to Delete.
You also have the right to ask us to delete any Personal Information that we have collected about you, subject to certain limitations. We may deny your deletion request if the information is necessary for us or our service providers to, among other things, provide a service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated in the context of our business relationship with you, perform a contract we have with you, detect and protect against security incidents or illegal activity, comply with a legal obligation, or exercise a right provided for by law.
Right to Opt Out of Sale and Out of Targeted Advertising.
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information and to opt out of targeted advertising; however, we do not sell your Personal Information or use it for targeted advertising.
Right to Nondiscrimination.
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights under any applicable privacy law, including by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We are permitted under applicable law to offer you certain financial incentives that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels, which are related to your Personal Information’s value. We do not offer financial incentives at this time.
Right to Opt Out of Email Marketing.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send. Even if you opt out of marketing emails, we may still send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
Right to Opt Out of Text Marketing.
You can opt out of marketing communications sent via text by simply replying “STOP” to the text message. You will be unsubscribed from future marketing texts.
I. PRIVACY REQUESTS
Submission of Requests. Please provide your name, telephone number, and type of request (that is, a request for categories of information, a request for specific pieces of information, a request to delete, or a request to opt out the sharing of your information.
- Verifying Your Identity: To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing your Personal Information and before deleting your information. Only you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. For example, if you make a request, we will ask you to confirm your name, email address, and/or other information we in our records to verify your identity, so that we can help protect your information.
- Requests from Authorized Agents: You may designate an authorized agent to make a request for you. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require you to verify your identity and provide the authorized agent’s identity and contact information to us.
Responses to Requests. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days of receipt and generally will respond to your request within 45 days of receipt. If we need more time to respond, we will inform you of the reason and we may take up to an additional 45 days to respond.
No Fee Usually Required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Appeals. You may appeal any refusal by us to take action on a request from you. To do so, you must submit an appeal in writing explaining why you believe our refusal was wrong within 60 days of receiving our response to your request. Please email or mail your appeal to us using the information in the “CONTACT US” section below. We will generally provide our written response to your appeal within 45 days after receipt.
J. UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this Notice from time to time if our practices change or if applicable law changes. The updated version will be indicated by the “Last Updated” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. We encourage you to review the posted Notice frequently to stay informed about how your information is being used.
K. CONTACT US
If you have questions or comments about this Notice or want to submit a request, you may contact us using the following contacts:
Email: [email protected]
CSC ServiceWorks, Inc.
Attn: Customer Support Specialist Team
3201 W. Royal Lane, Suite 100
Irving, TX 75063